Dr. Grand+ is considered a ‘derma-cosmetic’ brand creating skin care products that are clinical-grade with anti-aging and brightening solutions. Sheet mask is always a great way to be introduced to a new brand.
What intrigued me about these masks are two things:
(1) ‘4 Dimensional Facial Contouring’. Based on my understanding, this is describing the 4D stretch design of the mask to perfectly cover the entire face with minimal creasing or gap, and thus seriously treat every aspect of the skin for a noticeably lifted look, along with firmer and smoother skin. The mask has a stretchy texture when wet and literally touches every skin surface.
(2) The unique mask material that makes this one of the softest, most highly absorbent, and most comforting sheet masks I’ve ever used! Now that I’m trying to mask daily, I can really appreciate the differences in mask material and texture, and ultimately the way it feels and the result it has on my skin. The characteristics of these mask are described to contain high quality cotton linter as material, using filaments mutual self-bonding features and non-woven. This translates to masks that has high liquid absorption and retention compared to regular cotton. The non-woven aspect allows the mask to be highly breathable. When the mask is wet, it is a transparent sheet with the essence permeating the filament. When mask is dry (picture below), the intricate filament is appreciated. The mask is stretchy, and the high essence retention allows the mask to cling tightly to the face.
Here I put the Absolute Solution Masks to test: (1) Aloe and Madecassoside Soothing Mask, (2) VitaC and Glutathione brightening mask.
Aloe and Madecassoside Soothing Mask
WHAT IT IS
- A soothing and calming mask
WHAT IT DOES
- Best for achieving hydrated, plump and translucent skin
- Gives skin a boost of hydration
- Skin soothing
- Improve skin barrier
- Wrinkle improvement
- Aloe – promote skin healing, an anti-inflammatory
- Madecassoside – anti-oxidant
- Adenosine – anti-aging
- Trehalose – hydration
- G4D Active – Patent complex of active ingredients for anti-aging
- lysine polypeptide
- N-actyl glucosamine
- Sodium hyaluronate
- Biossacaride Gum-1
I’ve already professed my love for the mask quality. It literally clings like a second skin, and completely soaked with watery essence that has a mild floral scent. I did not mind that there wasn’t any essence left in the package because I believe all the essence are effectively absorbed into the mask and slowly delivered into my skin over the ensuing 40 minutes. The mask is still damp after 40 minutes! I love aloe for its soothing and repairing effects and this mask does exactly as it claims: effectively hydrate the skin after one use, restore and boost moisture retention for a healthy glow.
Absolute Solution Mask: VitaC and Glutathione
WHAT IT IS
- A brightening mask
WHAT IT DOES
- ‘Tone up’ – Improve dullness and uneven texture
- Whitening – lightening of dark spot
- Brightens skin
- Vitamin C – anti-oxidant, help lighten scar, spots; reduce blemishes
- Glutathione – brighten skin tone
- Niacinamide and Adenosine – reduce skin aging, boost healthy collagen synthesis
A powerful blend of antioxidants, glutathione, niacinamide visibly brighten skin to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentations. My face soaked up all the goodness while resting under this superpower fabric of mask drenched in essence. My skin instantly feel smoother, and looks hydrated, even toned and radiant. I can judge that one application is enough to give me immediate brightening effect. I definitely need to restock this one, as a few application may get the full benefit of the ingredients that help to minimize fine line and dark spots.
You can find these masks at http://www.drgrandplus.com.